Saturday, September 16, 2006

Of High Grades and St. Benedict

It's Saturday and it's report card releasing time in Andee's school! Had a quick 'bonding' breakfast with my team mates at Yellow Cab after work, and at exactly 9:00am, zooom I went to St. Scholastica's Academy in Marikina hoping to get there before the card-releasing time ends at 10:30am.

Near the Registrar's Office was a mini exhibit of the "Kulasas of SSAM". One board has a collage of pictures. I went for a closer look and whoa! No wonder it was familiar! Posted was a picture of a 'Maria Clara' field demonstration way back when I was in 1st year highschool. And yup, there I was..with several classmates in a hot fushia Maria Clara ensemble!.. haha..longer hair and..ang itim ko pala! There was also one picture of our Glee Club, performing on stage, well can't see where I am... :-) hay.... !

I went to the Grade School Building and got Andee's 'card'..well, actually, unlike during my days when report cards are actually 'cards', this time it was more like a printed 'receipt'. Hehe, sorry for the fold there! Great idea.. lalo na for those, hehe during my time ha, who would erase their original grade and change it to a more satisfactory one. Hmm...not bad. Proud mama :-D..Andee's grades as follows:

Reading and Phonics 93
Language and Spelling 91
Mathematics 93
Health and Science 94
Filipino 91 (hindi ito nagmana sa akin!..good riddance!)
Araling Panlipunan 89


Galing! After this I dropped by the Tuason Center to see if I could get extra school blouses. While waiting for my 'order' to arrive, I was entertaining myself with the cute dolls in Scholastican's outfit, either in school uniform, or in P.E. uniform. There were also various shirts on sale, as well as rosaries and St Benedict medallions. St. Benedict, the twin brother of St. Scholastica, ...........founded the monastery at Monte Cassino, where he wrote the Rule of his order. His discipline was such that an attempt was made on his life; some monks tried by poison him, but he blessed the cup and rendered it harmless. He returned to his cave, but continued to attract followers, and eventually established twelve monasteries. Had the ability to read consciences, prophesy, and forestall attacks of the devil. Destroyed pagan statues and altars, drove demons from groves sacred to pagans. (information lifted here)<

The time when I was struggling with a 'visitor' during nights early this year, I was given a St. Benedict medallion, and I never had those visits again. I now wear the medallion everyday. It works. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

anong klaseng visitor?...dwende ba?..tyanak?...tikbalang?...kapre..o ano? baka akyat bahay yan

Yang said...

hehehe...horror story ito...