Sunday, November 06, 2005

7-Week Countdown


I was visiting a friend's blog this afternoon and was "oh my!" surprised to realize when I read:

"...reminded me thru her blog, it's only 7 weeks till Xmas. ..."

I suddenly remembered Andee and my nephew, Jaki, doing one of their 'things to do' list when their semestral break from school started last week of October, which included, among others,..... paint a dinosaur, dance every morning, watch Barney and Mr. Bean, and PUT UP CHRISTMAS TREE BEFORE OCT. 7 ! They wanted to have the tree up before school starts. Sure enough, Andee remembered it but brushed it aside when my brother Earl, his wife and their 1 year old son, Hugo came over for lunch. Department stores, radio stations, tv, and papers are now doing their countdown! Maybe I should too....

  • 6 weeks before we stack up on menu ingredients for Christmas Eve's "Noche Buena" and Christmas Day lunch
  • 5 weeks before last minute Christmas shopping
  • 4 weeks before we finally see who would be the big winner of Pinoy Big Brother
  • 3 weeks before I officially put up Christmas decorations, lights, and of course, our 8-foot Looney Toon inspired Christmas tree
  • 2 weeks before I officially put up Christmas decorations, lights, and of course, our 8-foot Looney Toon inspired Christmas tree to surrender to the kid's constant reminders..read: "can we put up the tree NOW? " , and
  • 1 week before I could finish my Christmas naughty and nice list, and put up Christmas icons in my stores and blog!
    • 7 weeks. Hmm, sounds a long way till Christmas, but then again, it'll suddenly be just "around the corner!"

      No comments: