Thursday, November 03, 2005

Warhol-styled Cats

My head ached the whole weekend. I was really trying to squeeze out every creative juice my brain could come up with!

I've finally managed to finish my latest collection for my Cafepress store, JustCats. The designs are Andy Warhol-style inspired. He was well known for creating ink images with slight color changes. Warhol's signature style used commercial silkscreening techniques to create identical, mass produced images on canvas, then variations in color to give each print of an edition a different look. Imagine photocopying in black and white a favorite photograph, then coloring it!

I concentrated with dark outlines and solid colors, well, not exactly 'warhol', but I liked his effect. This cat-lover of an artist is much identified with Pop Art. Eye-catching, yes?

Below is a set of framed tiles from JustCats in my new collection.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE those!

? said...

nice to be back...

nyahaha, i love ur recent entry...

cats...y r dey so cute? this question kept on popping on my head...

take a look at my recent entry...it's about cats to0...

crissachappell said...

mucho cute!

crissachappell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

very whimisical -- nicely done