Sunday, January 22, 2006

Of Manny and Eric


I was awaken this afternoon by shrieking and shouting from the living room downstairs. Now what? I was thinking what mischievous thing Diego did again. Or if Andee had began to boss around, or Jaki ( my 5 year old nephew) started his tantrums to which my kids 'joined' in.

It was almost 2pm. 4 hours of sleep. (I got home from work around 7am and was only able to sleep at 10). When I finally got out of bed and opened my door, guess what? My mom, my brother Cak, the two maids, and 3 kids were watching the boxing re-match of Manny Pacquiao and Eric Morales. Was it today?!?!?! I found myself sitted in front of the tv and cheering on, shrieking and shouting too. I never did like boxing, but hey, show support for Philippine boxing. Eric Morales of Mexico had beaten up Manny Pacquiao in their first match and what is more exciting than to watch them both 'fight' again? Manny won by TKO on the 10th round, much to the joy of everyone in the house. ( I swear our cheers can be heard from outside).

Diego and Jaki started to mimick the boxers and ended up shouting at each other! Oh dear! Things they see on television! I. Some are good, most are, well...depends. I had to make sure they understood that boxing was a sport, which means that they just don't go on and hitting each other whenever they feel like it. Congratulations, Manny Pacquiao! You made the Philippines proud.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

buti pa sya naka knockout....
ako kaya kelan kaya?

Photography said...

hello reia.

thanks for the note. i like your blog too. so creative. thnaks and God bless.

jeff,sj

xmargaux said...

yang dearie,

keep on writing....i'm always waiting for your new post.

regards to all our groupies there.

miss,miss,miss yah all!