Saturday, November 25, 2006

Officially Christmas

The tree is up and the lights are set. Finally... after all the whimpering, please-please, when-when?, now-now! As long as the kids see the tree up, I thought, no more stress! But lo, now they are insisting that I bring out the gifts!!!!

The only thing left to do is to add more lights to our yucca tree, and do finishing touches with our living and dining room. The tree had to undergo a make-use-of-whatever-is-left-from-decades-old-christmas-trimmings. The only thing different now is I let my Looney Tunes Xmas trimmings rest this year. The capiz tree topper is now history (poor thing.. lit up our tree for more than a decade!), and since Looney Tunes has to rest this year, the Sugar Plum Tweety Bird Fairy tree topper has to stay in his box. Had to make with whatever we had. I ended up giving the tree a sort of 'bouquet topper' with golden poinsettias and gold and red sinamay! Not bad.. though I wish we could add more trimmings there. Forgot to turn on the lights when I took this picture.. ...

Feeling kinda lungkot na. As I grow older, it seems that Christmas get more and more sad for me....

No comments: